Invited Talks are a premier component of the SC Conference Program and complement nicely the presentations of the regular Technical Papers Program Speakers including global, bleeding-edge leaders across multiple industries.
Invited Talks typically describe innovative technical contributions and their application to address the critical challenges of the day.
From Jack Dongarra – the Invited Talks Chair
“For SC18 our goal was to build on the foundation from previous years and really focus on the broadest line-up of experts that we could find from around the globe,” says Jack Dongarra, SC18 Invited Talks Chair from University of Tennessee. “Nowhere else but at this conference will you find such an impressive line-up. Each session is an essence a mini-keynote and should not be missed.”
In fact, the committee is releasing this preliminary line-up so that attendees have advanced notice of what to expect at SC18 even before registration opens and can start planning their onsite schedule.
These Talks offer a broader context and a longer-term perspective than most other sessions. At each one, you can expect to hear about pioneering technical achievements, the latest innovations in HPC and data analytics, and efforts to answer some of most complex questions of our time.
SC18 Invited Speakers by Day
Listed below are this year’s all-star Invited Talk speakers as well as the day/time of their sessions
- 10:30-11:15 – Chris Johnson, University of Utah
- 11:15-12:00 – Steve Furber, University of Manchester
- 3:30-4:15 – Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
- 4:15-5:00 – Bryan Catanzaro, Nvidia Corp
Wednesday (11/14) Speakers
- 10:30-11:15 – Doug Kothe, ORNL
- 11:15-12:00 – Depei Qian, Xi’an Jiaotong University
- 3:30-4:15 – Satoshi Sekiguchi, AIST
- 4:15-5:00 – Mary-Anne Piette, LBNL
Thursday (11/15) Speakers
- 8:30-9:15 – Matthias Troyer, Microsoft Corp
- 9:15-10:00 – Cecilia Aragon, University of Washington
- 10:30-11:15 – Pete Beckman, ANL
- 11:15-12:00 – Padma Raghavan, Vanderbilt University
In the coming weeks, look to the blog or newsletter for more details including speaker bios, talk descriptions, titles, and room information.