Student volunteers play a key role in supporting conference attendees and the conference overall. Undergraduates and graduate students volunteers help with the administration of the conference and have the opportunity to participate in the student-oriented activities – including professional development workshops and technical talks by famous researchers and industry leaders – explore the exhibits, and develop lasting peer connections. The Student Volunteers program accepts a large number of students, both domestic and international, with the goal of welcoming new members into the HPC community.
Students will be required to work 15–20 hours during the conference, allowing them time to engage in important education and career-advancing activities such as tutorials, technical talks, panels, poster sessions, and workshops.
- Students will attend the entire duration of the conference from Saturday, November 10–Friday, November 16.
- Students will work 15–20 hours for the conference (this does not include other conference responsibilities, such as working for their institution’s booth.)
SCinet Student Volunteers
In addition to the standard student volunteers program, approximately 20 students will be selected to work alongside professionals from educational institutions, high-performance computing centers, network equipment vendors, US national laboratories, research institutions, research networks, and telecommunications carriers to build and operate SCinet. These students will arrive in Dallas one week prior to the conference to set up the network, and will stay for the day after to perform teardown tasks.
Student volunteers have the opportunity to work closely with various SCinet teams, including fiber, network security, routing, and communications.
How to Apply
Complete an application for the Student Volunteers program.
All application components are submitted through the online application.
- Background information
- Conference motivation statement
- Letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or other department personnel
- Student Travel Funding Commitment (STFC) form
- The STFC form must be completed by the student’s institution or organization, verifying the organization’s commitment to provide funding for the student.