SCinet & Exhibitors
SCinet supports the revolutionary applications and experiments that are a hallmark of the SC Conference and enables exhibitors to demonstrate the advanced computing capabilities of their solutions and services, whether in large-scale or one-on-one demonstrations.
SCinet offers free WiFi services, along with 1, 10, and 100 gigabit Ethernet connections to support demonstrations, business meetings, and other events that exhibitors host in their booths. At SC17, exhibitors used the advanced capabilities of SCinet to facilitate more than 35 experiments and demonstrations as part of the Network Research Exhibition. From virtual reality particle physics to impromptu big data sharing through data transfer node experiments, these one-of-a-kind demos are made possible by partnering with SCinet.
Discover the resources available to exhibitors below, including how to make network requests, the network policy, how to participate in the Network Research Exhibition, and how to become a SCinet contributor.
Exhibitor Booth Connections
- July 13, 2018 – SCinet Connection Request System (CRS) opens for exhibit booths
- October 5, 2018 – SCinet CRS orders due, before late fees imposed
- October 12, 2018 – SCinet CRS orders accepted on best-effort basis; new connections added on or after this date are subject to availability
- November 2, 2018 – SCinet CRS cancellation/refund deadline
Exhibitor Opportunities to Contribute to SCinet
- July 13, 2018 – SCinet Contributor Intent to Participate deadline
- July 20, 2018 – SCinet Contributor Bill of Materials & Liability Waivers due