When the SC18 conference convenes November 11th in Dallas, 16 teams of students will compete in the 12th annual SC Student Cluster Competition (SCC). Sixteen teams were chosen from 23 submissions, the highest number to date. Of these teams, five are from institutions that have never competed at SCC. The teams come from around the world, North America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
Once again, the winners of the world’s top three student cluster competitions will meet to compete: SC17 winner Nanyang Technological University of Singapore; Tsinghua University of China, winner of the ASC18 Student Supercomputer Challenge and the ISC18 Student Cluster Competition.
Following are this year’s teams:
- Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Information Engineering University, China
- Illinois Institute of Technology, United States
- Laney College, United States
- Monash University, Australia
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (winner of the SC17 SCC)
- National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Northeastern University, United States
- Purdue University, United States
- Telkom University, Indonesia
- Texas A&M University, United States
- Tsinghua University, China (winner of the ASC18 Student Supercomputer Challenge and the ISC17 Student Cluster Competition)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, United States
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, United States
- University of Warsaw/Warsaw University of Technology/Lodz University of Technology/University of Wroclaw, Poland
- Wake Forest University, United States (winner of the ISC 2018 Student Cluster Competition)
This will be an exciting competition. We look forward to seeing you there.