Women in HPC: Diversifying the HPC Community
TimeSunday, November 11th9am - 5:30pm
DescriptionThe ninth international Women in HPC workshop will be held at SC18, Dallas, USA. Following the overwhelming success of the WHPC workshop at SC17, we will focus on the following topics this year:
- Building workplace resilience and maintaining well-being, while managing work stress.
- Being part of the solution: instructions for advocates and allies.
- Best practices from organizations on improving workplace diversity.
- Managing the two body problem and achieving effective work-life balance.
We will also provide opportunities aimed at promoting and providing women with the skills to thrive in HPC including:
- Short talks by women working in HPC
- Pointers on how to handle workplace conflicts and effectively respond to discrimination
- Short talks on: best practices from outside the HPC community for developing equity frameworks, suggestions and challenges facing women in venture capital, effectively dealing with workplace discrimination, building a successful career and excelling in the workforce.